The A-B-C’s of Strategic Management®
A-B-C-D-E Systems Model
Five Questions in Sequence
- Where do we want to be? (i.e., our ends, outcomes, purposes, goals, holistic vision)
- How will we know when we get there? (i.e., the customers’ needs and wants connected into a quantifiable feedback system)
- Where are we now? (i.e., today’s issues and problems)
- How do we get there? (i.e., close the gap from C to A in a complete holistic way)
- What will/may change in your environment in the future?
vs. Analytic Thinking which:
- Starts with today and the current state, issues, and problems.
- Breaks the issues and/or problems into their smallest components.
- Solves each component separately (i.e., maximizes the solution).
- Has no far reaching vision or goal (just the absence of the problem).
Note: In Systems Thinking, the whole is primary and the parts are secondary (not vice-versa).