Learn Fast… Work Smart… Get Results!
- Strategic Thinking and Planning
- “Delivering Exceptional Results in Real Time”
Purposes of Our System:
Raise your Strategic IQ as a Global Strategist to Deliver Customer Value
- Future Global Environmental Scan (Strategic Thinking at its finest)
- Yearly Strategic Management System/Cycle (Reinventing Strategic Planning for the 21st Century: Planning–People–Leadership–Change)
- Value-Added Proposition and Marketplace Positioning (Growing your business vs. the competition)
- Strategic Thinking on a daily basis (Building a customer-focused, strategically oriented enterprise)
- Lessons learned today–applied to your organization
This workshop is conducted using experiential adult learning methodologies. Participants will become better strategic thinkers and planners by:
- Gaining clarity on strategic thinking and planning and its benefits and application
- Acquiring the knowledge and skills to apply a disciplined systems approach to developing a strategic plan, and keeping it “alive” with strategic thinking on a daily basis
- Learning from real-life examples and case studies, and relating them to the local context
- Discussing your own real-life situations and sharing the knowledge and experience of the other participants and the facilitators
- Being exposed to global best practices and experience, and the common strategic issues of progressive organizations
- Immediately applying the skills you learn to your own case
- Understanding the strategic management system, and its context for good strategic thinking
The Systems Thinking Approach® to The ABCs of Strategic Management™For the 21st Century
- To understand the core technology of the Systems Thinking Approach® of Reinventing Strategic Management (Planning, People, Leadership, and Change), based on “best practices” research in the field of Strategic Management.
- To understand strategic management, its three goals and three main premiseswith their relationship to strategic planning and strategic change.
- To discuss the ten unique qualities of the “Strategic Management Model” and how it is different from other models… with a special emphasis on understanding how to apply the key concepts of backwards thinking, key success measures, parallel process, and a customer-driven organization to the strategic planning process.
- To understand and apply the ten steps of the Strategic Management Model, along with numerous examples of its application to actual organizations.
- To appreciate the value and importance of actively engaging your key stakeholders throughout the development of the plan.
- To discuss the various ways to uniquely tailor and apply strategic management to your organization, along with the various roles required to successfully complete a strategic planning process.
- To learn how to overcome the common mistakes that plague most strategic planning processes. Instead, learn how to use strategic management to link and drive day-to-day decision-making—focused on the customer—through annual planning and budgeting and through performance and reward systems.
- To experience and apply each step in the Strategic Management Model to your own back home organization and personal case situation—to enhance your learnings and provide a framework for action back home.
We help businesses and people get superior results in 12 ways:
- Higher profits
- Greater revenue
- Lower costs
- Enhance market share
- Drive competitive advantage
- Increase customer service and satisfaction
- Deliver better customer value
- Implement new product/service offerings
- Change the employee culture
- Execute a merger or acquisition
- Develop strategies, alliances, and partnerships
- Turn around an underperforming business
How Can We Help You Get Better Results?
- To gain a common set of principles and knowledge about the similarities and differences between marketing and sales functions, and how they are integrated with corporate strategy.
- To provide a structure of Systems Thinking to design, build, implement, and sustain a Strategic Marketing and Sales Plan.
- To provide the tactics, tips, and techniques to successfully implement this plan and keep it up to date year after year.
- To discover the benefits of, and identify your positioning in, the marketplace in order to focus your sales and marketing efforts.
- To review the 21st Century aspects of the 4 Ps, including e-commerce.
- To understand different approaches to marketing and sales success.
- To identify and examine all aspects of the major issues facing those of us in sales and marketing.
- To build and track the Key Success Measures that represent success in the marketplace.
- To implement a complete toolkit of powerful and practical sales and marketing strategies.
- To achieve marketing and sales success.
One-day offsite meeting:
Executive Briefing including Plan-to-Plan Session
A.M. Main Purpose: Educating and Assessing
- To gain a common set of principles and knowledge about strategic marketing and sales planning concepts.
- To identify the three goals of strategic marketing and sales planning; to recognize that planning is really one part of a three-part Strategic Management System (SMS) required to successfully implement the marketing and sales plan.
- To understand how to design, build, execute and sustain (i.e., create) a Strategic Marketing and Sales Plan using the proven, successful Systems Thinking Approach®.
- To assess and examine all aspects of the strategic issues facing your company in the marketplace, and the condition of your current organization-wide focus on marketing and sales.
P.M. Main Purpose: Organizing and Tailoring
- To conduct an actual Plan-to-Plan session in order to determine and outline the steps needed for tailoring a strategic marketing and sales plan for your organization.
- Your core Marketing and Sales Planning Team (essential). The morning session can also include other key stakeholders.