“A Totally Integrated Systems Solution”
Overall Workshop Purposes:
To ensure successful execution of a Strategic Plan or for a desired Enterprise-Wide Change and Organizational Transformation.
This workshop demonstrates how to:
- Successfully apply the concept of organizations as “living and natural systems” to the strategic management of your organization in leading the strategic and cultural change effort.
- Understand The Systems Thinking Approach® and model for Business Excellence and Superior Results-the ABCs of Strategic and Cultural Change.
- Achieve and sustain a unique marketplace positioning and or ideal future vision of Enterprise-Wide Change.
- Build frameworks for facilitating complex Enterprise-Wide Change.
- Conduct a holistic Enterprise-Wide diagnosis and design from a system’s perspective.
- Provide superior decision-making abilities in Strategic and Cultural Change.
- Discover and appreciate the importance of the three elements present in all human interactions and dynamics of change-and why complex changes so often fail (the Iceberg Theory of Change).
- Analyze and apply a menu of key structures as the leverage for enterprise-wide change management to your own organization and situation in order to design, build, and sustain the momentum of change.
- Apply The Rollercoaster of Change™ and its many practical applications to any Organization Development intervention and change situation…as part of a totally integrated systems solution to Strategic and Cultural Change.
- Review the four key roles of the “Players of Change,” and especially the key role of a Program Management Office.
As a result of attending this workshop, you will be able to:
- Significantly improve your probability of success on any large scale change you are undertaking
- Assess and learn significant improvement ideas and lessons learned on any Strategic and Cultural Change you have undertaken previously
- Clarify and install the proper structures, roles, and processes from proven Best Practices in Strategic and Cultural Change
- Become a better, more proactive strategic leader in large-scale change efforts
- Make better strategic decisions on a daily basis throughout a Strategic and Cultural Change effort
- And most importantly-be part of the 25% of all organizations that make strategic change an art form and achieve their desired organizational excellence and significant business results
The workshop is designed for both private and public sector organizations:
- Senior Executives with responsibility for the Human Resource function
- Human Resource Executives and Managers
- Organization Development and Training Professionals
- Participants will link their people issues to their Corporate Strategic Plan and core strategies.
- Participants review the changing People and HR trends, issues and roles in achieving people as a competitive business advantage.
- Participants will discuss and build consensus about the four “people management” roles in the organization of senior management, managers, human resources and the employees themselves.
- Participants understand The Systems Thinking Approach that forms the A-B-C-D-E foundation for the Strategic People Edge Management Model and its differences from a HR Strategic Plan.
- Participants understand the six People Edge best practice areas and assess their organization against them.
- Participants understand and assess how to integrate a Leadership Development Program as a key part of Creating the People Edge.
- Participants understand how to design, build and sustain the People Edge with emphasis on developing and implementing their Strategic People Plan.
- Participants discover how to institutionalize an Executive/Employee Development Board through the related roles of senior management and HR executives.
- Participants have the opportunity to identify and work on solutions to their tactical people edge issues, both during the workshop and on breaks, lunches and after hours.
- Learn to develop the simple Systems Thinking A-B-C-D-E phases to building an HR Strategic Plan to “Create the People Edge”
- Learn how to align your HR plans and practices with the shared corporate vision, values and core strategies
- Target the six natural areas of powerful People Edge Best Practices from extensive research in Systems Thinking
- Discover the six natural Leadership Competencies every organization must have—and thirty skills found nowhere else in the literature or field—explore our web-based 360° assessment tools
- Learn the four new 21st Century roles in successful people management today—including new HR and Senior Management roles
- Discover innovative recruiting and retention strategies for the 21st Century
- Discover the leverage of Succession Planning into ten other HR programs to ensure long-term business success
- Tie Leadership Development, HR Planning and Succession Planning to your Strategic Plan to “create your people edge” as a competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Discover HR’s relevance to the triple bottom line; your employees, customers and stake holders
- Decide how to get started—an Employee Development Board to partner with senior management
- Understand what Talent and Succession Management is and is not
- Clarify the different “People Roles” required in a Talent and Succession Management System
- Learn how to set up your Executive/Employee Development Board
- Understand how to design your own Succession Planning Process and all its components
- Tailor the design of how to communicate your Process to your organization and all employee groups
- Prioritize your sequence of implementation of the complete Talent and Succession Management System
- Understand the difference between Training and Development and how to design a Leadership Development System to support this Talent and Succession Management System
As a result of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Set up and effectively run an Executive/Employee Development Board (EDB)
- Design, tailor and effectively conduct a Talent and Succession Management System for your organization
- Design and execute the proper roles in a Talent and Succession Management System between HR, Senior Management and other managers
- Design and implement a communications and confidentiality process for the EDB
- Design and Implement a Leadership Development System to support the Talent and Succession Management System