Leadership Development is Bankrupt
- Gallup Poll: 74% of all employees are “disengaged” from their companies
- Bankruptcy and Greed: still occurring for some companies (Enron/Tyco)
- Over 200 companies had to restate their earnings (Freddie Mac the latest)
- Major layoffs by large companies (How did they get in that position?)
- Stress and Health issues in organizations worse than ever (“feelings of being overwhelmed”)
- Today’s complex society is more difficult than ever to lead effectively
- Simplicity Research conducted over 7 years reinforces all this as well (Gary Jenson, etc.)
- In the year 2000 alone, 40 CEOs (20%) of the top 200 companies on Fortune’s 500 list were removed from their posts.
- Anything else?