It is time to discuss your immersion in our Gold Mastery Certification in Strategic & Systems Thinking.
Certification Pre-Requisite: Generally, you must attend the 2½ day Strategic & Systems Thinking workshop in order to qualify to attend the Certification.
Alternative Pre-Requisite: There are exceptions to this if attending the workshop is impractical. Please see certification prework below for alternative choices. The time it takes to complete the pre-requisites is usually 24 hours, the same as the 2½ day workshop without travel expenses and half the workshop registration costs.
Certification Pre-Work: In order to prepare you for the Certification immersion and enhance your experience, you have some intense pre-work assignments that you need to start on now. The pre-work consists of the following tasks:
- Please read in advance the following package of Articles. You will receive them upon registration.
- The Law of Unintended Consequences: Concept #5 (ARCE)
- 12 Natural Laws (A12LAWS)
- Systems Thinking: The Winning Formula (AWF)
- Simplicity of Systems Thinking (ASOST)
- Analytical Thinking (AAT)
- Excellence in Hiring (AEIH)
- Creating the Strategic HR Plan (AHRSP)
- Creativity and Innovation Demystified (ACID)
- Building Innovation Capacity (ABIC)
- Strategic Career and Life Planning (ASCLP)
- ABCs of a Leadership Development System (ASLDS)
- Daily Leadership: Best Practices (ADLBP)
- Leadership Competency Assessment (ALCA)
- The Learning Organization (ATLO)
- Clarity/Simplicity in Leadership (ASIL)
- Universal Systems Thinking Approach® (AUSTA)
- Creating the People/HR Edge (ACPE)
- How I Think (AHIT) (3 pages)
- The Iceberg Theory of Change (AITC)
Bring an actual work or client situation/case to resolve (a problem, issue, project, strategic plan) in exercises throughout the Certification. Lastly, bring all necessary documentation for a work case, for yourself to get advice on, including strategic plans, values statements, problems and issues, leadership programs, operating plans, etc.
- In addition – You MUST read five books, one State of the Art Report and view one Web Enhanced Learning Series Webinars that cover the range of the Certification, as this week is for experienced Strategic Thinkers who know the basics of our ABCs of Reinventing Strategic Planning into Strategic Management. Please purchase and read the following books and reports prior to the Certification:Books, Handbooks, Workbooks and Executive Briefing Books
- Book – The Manager’s Pocket Guide to Systems Thinking & Learning (MPGSTL)
- Book – Strategic and Systems Thinking (B-SST)
- Handbook – Strategic Thinking Handbook #1 (HB-1)
- Handbook – Strategic Thinking Handbook #2 (HB-2)
- Workbook – The ABCs of Strategic Life Planning (SLP)
- Executive Briefing Booklet – Strategic and Systems Thinking (EBSST)
- Executive Briefing Booklet – Achieving Leadership Excellence (EBALE)
- Executive Briefing Booklet – Strategic HR Management (EBHR)
Recommended Optional Books
State of the Art Reports
- State of the Art Report: Strategic & Systems Thinking (Code: R-SOA-SST)
All can be found on www.SystemsThinkingPress.com
Web Enhanced Learning Series Webinars on Strategic and Systems Thinking
If for some reason you cannot attend the 2½ day Strategic and Systems Thinking workshop, you are required to purchase and view our Becoming a Strategic & Systems Thinker Webinar Classic Series.
- Strategic Human Resources Planning (WB-SHRP)
- Achieving Leadership Excellent (WB-ALE)
For those who have attended the 2½ day Reinventing Strategic Planning workshop, the Webinar Series above is a mandatory review and FREE to you.
- Lastly, please bring all your Strategic & Systems Thinking materials and PowerPoint slides (obtained with each State of the Art Report Webinar) so you can use them to help you prepare for the presentations you will make.
Note: This is a 4½-Day Immersion in Strategic & Systems Thinking, so come prepared for evening work on all nights in preparing your presentations to demonstrate your mastery. There will be no time for outside activities. However, we do plan for a gathering of all participants and facilitators on Monday night.
Our meeting schedule starts with an 8:00 AM continental breakfast and goes into the evenings each day. This is a serious immersion learning process. Lunch is provided each day. On day five (Friday), we work from 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM, ending with a boxed lunch at 1:00 PM. Please do not plan an airplane departure before 3 PM at the earliest.
If you have not already indicated a special food request or other meal accommodations, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-619-591-8776.
Click here to register for the Gold Mastery Certification for Strategic & Systems Thinking that you are interested in attending.
We are looking forward to a great week with you, facilitated by our highly experienced Global Partners.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you.
Local Location Information: See the registration pages for each Certification for local hotel recommendations and Certification locations.
Note: University of San Diego (USD) and The Haines Centre have increased the rigor required for an EMBA course. USD also requires a University type application and $70.00 fee at time of registration. Please also see a follow up separate email to you on filling out the USD application for their records prior to the class start date.